The ambiton is to develop methodologic and scientific projects through a cross-organizational approach. The idea is to go beyond personal projects led individually by a specific institute. Those common scientific projects bring additional ressources to bid for tenders, which could concern all research topics covered by ELSA scientific challenges:
- Treatment of uncertainty of results (quantification)
- Modelling (or considering) spatio-temporal dimensions of environmental and social impacts
- Changes in scales
- Comparison and/or improvement of different assessment methods to ensure better consistency
- Database engineering inventory, updating, quality control
- Development of new indicators, such as those associated with the social dimension or missing environmental indicators
A preferred way of common scientific production could be the setting up of PhD project.